Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sweet Treat

Today was a sweet treat. On my morning visit to Sydney they (nurses) informed me that they would be taking of her oxygen cannula so she would be back to just the feeding tube. While I sat visiting with her they took the cannula off and then realized that I had never seen Sydney without any tubes obstructing her face. So they took off her feeding tube as well and I tearfully got to enjoy my visit with my youngest daughter....covering her cheeks with as many kisses as I could. After all she is a chubby six pounds now and every ounce of her is scrumptious!

By the afternoon they needed to reinsert her feeding tube but she has been able to stay off the oxygen so hopefully they will not need to put it back on again.

In the afternoon we (Savannah, Shelby and I) enjoyed an afternoon at Katelyn's birthday party complete with bouncy castle and face painting which they thoroughly enjoyed.

In the evening it was off to Santa Monica with Dad to enjoy some main street strolling on a beautiful California night. We walked along the shops which offer complimentary snacks and beverages. The kids had so much fun with our friends the Petrilles and the Pauls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Six pounds! It's all that amazing mama milk she's getting. I can't wait to see more photos and read more updates about your sweet little one.

Love,

Katherine