Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007

Well, the gifts are all under the tree, stockings filled and sleeping baby and children are softly snoring in their beds. I have finally put the house into some small order (although only to have it completely anihialated only hours from now).

I am so grateful that Christmas is here and have never felt so fortunate for the family and friends in my life. I have been constantly surprised by people and the human experience in the past months. For things you'd expect that sometimes do not happen and then the people who step up for you in a way that you would never ask or expect.

I cannot wait to see the thrill on Savannah and Shelby's faces in the morning and see to Sydney as and when she rouses. Holding each of them in my arms the way they are each so unique in their looks, what they bring to my life, their affection and gratitude so appropriate to each of their little personalities.

I cannot wait to sit at our humble little dining table all crowded in together and be fortunate to have a table filled with food, both my parents to share with us as well as my sister. It reminds me to be mindful and think of my inlaws so far away and respect that every holiday we spend apart from them is so difficult for Cary whether he will ever admit it or not.

I have such a sense of peace and relief and am filled with optimism for a new beginning to restart and recharge in '08.

No comments: