Thursday, December 20, 2007

And then...


there were three.....three little girls, three little angels, three little pairs of hands to hold and cheeks to kiss.

On Wednesday 12/19/07 our family was united as we brought our baby girl Sydney home after 117 days in NICU.

Our gratitude has no words to the staff at Santa Monica UCLA Hospital as well as all of you who have supported us with prayer, food, love and gifts during these gruelling months.

As we prepared to leave the hospital, one of Sydney's champion nurses held my face in her hands and said to me, "my girl, this nightmare is over, today you are waking up and your beautiful life can begin. It is like it never happened, it was all just a bad dream." At first I couldn't believe her but I couldn't sleep last night during our first night together, I felt like it was a dream and I was afraid that if I went to sleep when I woke up I would be back to Tuesday.

My face hurts from smiling and I have an energy and peace that I can't remember having before. My baby is home, my children are together and for my husband and I, our life can now resume.

We thank each and every one of you for what you bring to our lives and for all of your support.

We truly understand the meaning of the word "Merry" in Merry Christmas and we hope you enjoy the same with your family and friends.

2 comments:

carrster said...

yay!!! you look so great Sam and soooooooooo happy! I am very happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Thats excellent news.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

Chat soon,
Love Me.