Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm Grateful...

I was thinking to myself on the drive to the hospital on Monday evening (yes it takes me a while to catch up with blogging), that Motherhood could be defined as being on your way to the hospital to visit your daughter with nothing but the radio and a cold gatorade all the while you have floor seat tickets to the Justin Timberlake concert and being okay with it. I was thinking while on that drive how grateful I am to have such choices and to live in a place where my tiny baby is being so well looked after and that I have opportunities and will have many more to see such entertainers.

I am so grateful this week as Sydney is impressing us all and how she truly is one of my sources of wonder. She has gained 65 g this week and her feeds started on Sunday at 1ml every twelve hours to now 9ml every three hours!!!! She should be at a kilo in no time. I also had the sheer uninterrupted pleasure of holding her for an hour and a half on Thursday and she has been doing very well all week. Her ventilator setting has come down from 40% all the way to 23%. If she keeps this up she will hopefully be off the vent in the upcoming weeks.

I am also so grateful for a community near and far of such wonderful friends. Monday and Wednesday we had meals from Michele and Mary. Wednesday Veronica kindly watched the girls for us while we went to the hospital and Gabe and Karla joined us to meet Sydney for the first time as Mr and Mrs Delfosse:).

Thursday it was Back to School night where I learned Savannah has turned around 180 and is doing very well (and also learning Japanese...who knew!), followed by a mini girls night out with Petrea and Heather who also got to meet Sydney for the first time. Everyone's reaction is always the same.....she is SOOOO tiny.....followed by she is amazing! That's Sydney for you, Tiny but Mighty as the nurses say.

All in all we are doing well and for THAT I am very grateful :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The main thing I have always loved about you Sam, is your ability to make me cry. You are such a strong willed, power person, anyone that meets you can feel your genuine love and adoration for your kids, your family, and friends. And I feel honored to be able to call you my family. As I have said so many times before Sydney is just like Savannah and Shelby a part of you, so she will go far in life. I have no doubt that she will be home with you soon. My prayers as always are with you.

I love the Blog idea, I can know whats going as I never want to call for fear I might be disturbing. So this helps. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Very true words spoken.
Thinking of you.
-Karen Collins