Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Kids...they keep ya humble

Today for my daytime visit to Sydney my friend Enrique decided to join me and come and meet the little princess.

We watched her for a little and then the nurse told me to go ahead and take her temperature and change her diaper. That was all fine and well except during her diaper change while Enrique and I were chatting, Sydney remembered that she had been meaning to poop.

Apparently the draft of air reminded her of this when I took off her diaper. I am not kidding when I say I now know what projectile poop really is. The stuff shot all the way to the other end of the incubator. How could someone that tiny (and we're talking miniature people) make firstly that much poop let alone have enough strength to force it out that far!

Enrique and I just looked at each other in shock and then he sprang to wet more wipes while I tried to unsuccessfully keep the diaper over Sydney while she continued. Needless to say everything had poop on it. I am now doing laundry at this very minute.

So much for me being confident about changing my 2lb daughter's diaper. What was I thinking underestimating that little chic?

My friend Sarah in heaven was having a good laugh at this one for sure.

1 comment:

carrster said...

hahaha! that is too funny. Good to know that "all systems" are full speed ahead, so to speak. :)